When the Stanley Cup finals were going on, and the Devils were one game away from losing it all, I brought you Movie Devils vs. Movie Kings. Now, it’s the Thunder’s turn to stave off elimination in the NBA finals. And so, in true SayKNOWtoTrivia fashion, here are 5 trivia questions about thunder (UPDATE: You can also check out “15 songs to Beat the Heat”). Answers are below Zeus.
- (Word Play) What dinosaur takes its name from the Greek for “thunder lizard”?
- (Mythology) In Greek mythology, Zeus released these mythological creatures from the dark pit of Tartarus, in order to provide him with his thunderbolts, which he used to defeat the Titans.
- (Geography) The city of Thunder Bay, located at the head of Lake Superior, can be found in what Canadian province?
- (Movies) What Hollywood couple met on the set of the 1990 film Days of Thunder?
- (Literature) Who wrote the science fiction short story A Sound of Thunder, in which a hunter travels back in time to kill a Tyrannosaurus Rex, and is based on the concept that was later termed the “butterfly effect”.
(Brontosaurus)(Cyclops)(Ontario)(Tom Cruise and Nicole Kidman)(Ray Bradbury)